New Leicestershire Legacy Fund Announced
Posted: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 13:28
To support the creation of a lasting legacy from London 2012, Leicestershire County Council, with the delivery support from Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS), has committed resources to a new grants scheme for local club and facility development projects.
The aim of the fund is to support;
- The creation of new clubs and/or new club sections
- The creation of new activities within clubs to widen the participation base
- Better coaching within clubs by supporting coach education and coach development
- The development of high quality clubs
- Clubs to increase and retain membership
- Clubs acquire high quality equipment to support its membership
- Improvement of club facilities which should increase the satisfaction levels of existing members and to help attract new members.
To fulfil these aims, Leicestershire County Council has created two funding schemes, which will be managed by Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS):
- The Gold Legacy Fund: Grants of up to £7,500 are available to support facility improvement projects in community sports clubs and voluntary organisations.
- The Silver Legacy Fund: Grants of up to £2,000 are available to support development projects in community sports clubs and voluntary organisations that increase or retain participation.
Community sports clubs or voluntary organisations premises or main training base must be located in Leicestershire (not Leicester City or Rutland).
The submission deadline for your application is the 20th February 2013 at 4.00 pm.
For further information and to apply please visit: www.lrsport.org/leicestershirelegacyfund